It is a term we use that simply means we’re learning what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus in everyday life. When you want to get to know someone, you spend time with them, discover who they are and enjoy their company. The same is true with Jesus.
The more time we spend with him, the better we’ll know him and the life he offers.
Reading and thinking through the Bible is one of the best ways to learn what it means to follow Jesus, whether you’re exploring a relationship with Jesus, or you’ve been following him for years. As a church, we will provide you with support, encouragement and other tools to help you read and understand the Bible.
The Bible can be an intimidating book, so maybe these tips can be helpful:
1. Find a Bible that’s easy to read and understand.
There are several translations to choose from, so find one that’s easy for you to read. The New Living Translation is a great Bible to read and understand. You can pick up a copy or call the church office and we’ll be glad to send you one.
2. Choose a passage of Scripture.
We suggest you start with the Gospel of John. You will find a Table of Contents in the front of your Bible. Or you can pick a passage from a reading plan. You’ll find great reading plans at Youversion.com.
3. As you read, ask yourself these four questions:
- What does the passage say? (What stood out to you as you read?)
- What does it mean? (What is God trying to tell me through this part of His Word?)
- What should I do about it? (How will your life be different because of what you just read?)
- How can I remember it?
As a church, we’re here to help you read and understand God’s Word. Below are some additional links you may find helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us!
Check out these links to help you engage Scripture: